Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Every Good Junker Needs A Great Junkin' Sack




...and I needed something creative to do while my workshop is being renovated.

This past Saturday was the Three Speckled Hens Show here in Paso and as usual, I took along my oversized bag.  I also made one for my junkin' buddy, Jeanne.  We spent the entire day having people ask us where we got them.

This gave me the idea to sew up a few and list them in my Etsy Shop.

It was the perfect opportunity for me to dig out all the recycled blue jeans I've been hoarding for projects and use up all those bits of western fabrics I had leftover from old decorating jobs.

Time for confession:  I can't seem to get rid of fabric.  Let's face it, fabric is expensive; at least good fabrics are.  I have a thing for really fabulous fabrics and have been holding onto every scrap for the past ten years.  I have this theory that if you put together scraps of really good fabric you end up with a project made from "really good fabric" even if it was just scrap.  At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Next, I've decided to sew my own pumpkin patch!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post A Comment